Rainbow smoothie with strawberries, blueberries and mango
Cooking is not just an activity; it is a journey of discovery, especially for our little adventurers. Just as we discussed in our previous article on introducing children to a world of flavor adventure, it's time to dive deep into a recipe that will bring joy and curiosity to your kitchen!
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 handful of fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries
- 200 ml of yogurt or any plant-based milk (e.g. almond milk)
- A pinch of honey or agave syrup (optional for extra sweetness)
- Ice cubes (optional)
1. Prepare the fruit: Start by engaging your little helpers by having them help dice the mango and halve the strawberries. As we mentioned earlier, the kitchen is a place of learning. Let the kids count the berries or talk about the beautiful colors of the fruit.
2. Blend strawberries: Put the strawberries in the blender along with half of the yogurt or milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, but only fill half.
3. Blend blueberries : Without washing the blender, now add the blueberries and some more yogurt or milk. Blend and gently pour on top of the strawberry layer in the glass.
4. Blend mango: Finally, blend the mango with the remaining yogurt or milk, adding honey or agave syrup if you want it sweeter. Pour the mango mixture on top of the blueberry layer.
5. Serve with joy! Serve the smoothie with a colorful straw and enjoy your creations together. While enjoying, you can talk about the different layers of colors and flavors. Which layer did your child like the most?
This rainbow smoothie is not only pleasing to the eye, but it is also a great way to encourage your child to try different flavors and fruits. As we discussed in our article on "Food Fun for Little Adventurers", cooking is not just about eating; it is about exploring, discovering and enjoying the journey together!
Make this smoothie part of your food adventures and continue to explore the exciting world of flavors with your little ones!